Labor Day in McCall is a special time. With a front row seat to Payette Lake, the majestic mountain views and easy access to a world of recreational activities, it’s no wonder that our Whitetail Club members treasure this time of year. We like to think this is the perfect setting to celebrate this holiday weekend with family and friends.
To make this year’s Labor Day weekend even more memorable, we’ve compiled a few party tips and ideas:
- Set the Stage – Nothing says Labor Day quite like cooking outside on the grill. Before your guests arrive, make sure your grill is in top condition. Keeping your grill clean not only extends its life, but also removes any harmful debris that could be transferred to your food. Sounds daunting? Not really. In fact, cleaning your grill can be done in as little as 15 minutes. Follow this Real Simple checklist and you’ll be grilling before you know it.
- Have a Plan – Planning a menu that all guests will enjoy can be challenging, especially at the last minute when many grocery items may be sold out due to the busy holiday. To avoid stress, plan in advance and you’ll not only get everything you need but you just might beat the rush, as well.
- Think Outside The Box – Stay clear of traditional menu items like hotdogs or hamburgers, and impress your guests with some simple, non-traditional recipes. For instance, add an assortment of vegetables to grilled shrimp kabobs and grilled steak kabobs to create your very own ‘Surf and Turf’ style meal.
- Don’t get Burned – Everybody likes their steaks and burgers cooked a little different, which can be a challenge for even the most experienced grillmaster. Fortunately, there are some simple tricks to help ensure your steak comes off the grill both juicy and flavorful. Learn how the pros do it here.
Looking for a more adventurous holiday weekend? Try these fun Whitetail Club activities that the entire family can enjoy:
- Hit the Greens – Not everyone gets to say they have private access to one of the best golf courses in the country. So grab your guests and play a challenging round of 18 on our championship-style course, recently touted by Golf Digest as one of “America’s 100 Greatest” courses.
- Blaze a Trail – In addition to the numerous mountain biking trails in and around McCall, Whitetail Club offers 20 miles of private trails perfect for beginners or seasoned pros. With nine distinct trails, there’s a path for everyone.
- Take a Hike – One of the great things about living in the heart of the Salmon River Mountains is having such easy access to the thousands of acres of scenic trails that lie just beyond your doorstep.
- Soak it Up– A number of natural hot springs can be found near Whitetail Club, and this is the perfect time of year to take advantage. But if you are feeling like you want to stick closer to home, visit The Cove for a invigorating treatment followed by a relaxing soak in the spa’s acclaimed immersion pools.
From all of us here at Whitetail Club, we want to wish you and your guests a safe and enjoyable holiday. Happy Labor Day!